- Overview of this policy
- The PDPA: in a nutshell
- Purposes of personal data collection
Under the PDPA, “personal data” is defined as any data - genuine or not - of an individual who will be identifiable from that data, or from that data and other information which an organisation may have or will have access to.
You may be assured that treatsure will collect your personal data in compliance with the PDPA. In this process, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the intended purposes, unless the law expressly permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
The personal data which treatsure collects from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- Responding to your queries
- Contacting you if there is a need to reach you
- Providing you with the services/products you select on our platform
- Sending you information and updates on our products/services
- Offering you other services and products you may be interested in
- Customising and enhancing your experience on our platform
- Feedback, research and analysis of products and services, customer satisfaction, preferences and experience, so as to improve our products and services for our customers
- Meeting or complying with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law or regulation
- Enforcing or protecting our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations in accordance with law
- Any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent; and/or any reasonable purposes related to the aforementioned
- Disclosure to Third Parties & Disclosure Permitted by Statutory Exemption
We may also be disclosing the personal data and traffic data with our service providers, agents, business partners, vendors, affiliates, related corporations, and/or other third parties whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore. They may be providing treatsure with essential services (including but not limited to: consulting and business continuity planning, sales and marketing, analytics, processing, storage, hosting and security of data etc) and/or by making certain services available to our users, and may thus be processing your personal data on our behalf for one or more of the purposes mentioned above.
Nonetheless, you may be assured of the confidentiality and security of your personal data, as we respect the privacy of your personal data. The third parties will only use your contact data and other personal information to carry out their specific business obligations to and to provide you with site related services, and will be required to uphold the same standards of privacy as treatsure.
In certain situations, however, we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including without limitation, the following: (1) cases in which the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations; (2) cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; and (3) where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
- Information Collected by Other Third Parties
- Request for Access and/or Correction of Personal Data
You may request to access and/or correct the personal data in our control or possession via email to [email protected]. We will verify your identity as well as the nature of your request. As for a request to access personal data, once we have obtained sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable timeframe.
- Request to Withdraw Consent
You may also withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control. Please submit your request via [email protected]. We will process your request within a reasonable timeframe after a request to withdraw consent has been made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us/the contract you have with us will have to be terminated. We will notify you in advance of any such impact and obtain your consent to proceed further before processing your withdraw consent.
- Security and storage
The personal data we collect from you is stored on a secure, password-protected server and only authorised personnel will have access. In addition, treatsure uses industry-standard encryption technologies for the receipt and transfer of personal information. While we employ our best endeavours, no data transmission over the Internet and no storage method can be 100% safe all the time.
- Updates on policy
treatsure will review our data protection policy and processes from time to time. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this policy at our discretion. You are encouraged to visit our website or app from time to time if you would like to know more about these changes.
- Indemnification of treatsure
You agree to indemnify treatsure and our affiliates from all liabilities, claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including legal fees, that may arise from your use of the sites and services.
terms & conditions
treatsure terms and conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time by changing them on this page. These Terms are only in English.
By accessing any part of the App/Website, you indicate that you accept these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should leave the App/Website immediately, and you will not be able to store any Treasures through the App/Website.
- access and account
1.1 treatsure provides a mobile marketplace platform for businesses (“Merchants”) to post their food and beverage products (“Treasures”) on their store pages and for customers to store those Treasures displayed (the “Service”) and redeem them at the Merchants’ stores.
2.1 You may access some areas of the App/Website without storing Treasures or registering your details with us.
2.2 By accessing any part of the App/Website, you indicate that you accept these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should leave the App/Website immediately, and you will not be able to store any Treasures through the App/Website.
2.3 We may revise these Terms at any time. You should check the App/Website regularly to review the current Terms, because they are binding on you. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you place an Order through us.
2.4 You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the App/Website through your Internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
2.5 By using our Service through the App/Website, you warrant that:
- You have legal capacity to enter into binding contracts;
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of the use of our Service; or
- You have obtained your parents’ consent to use our Service if you do not have legal capacity or are under 18 years old
2.6 Failure to comply with the conditions in 2.5 will result in any of your storing transaction(s) on the App/Website being voided and/or the account being terminated or suspended.
2.8 You shall be responsible for all activities that occur under your account and shall notify treatsure immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or any breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. You may only sign up for one account and may not share the account with another person.
- operating procedures for storing & redeeming treasures
3.1 Storing Treasures: When you have selected the Treasure(s) you wish to store from any outlet screen and provided the other required information, you will be given the opportunity to submit the transaction by clicking or selecting the “Store”, “Confirm My Storing” or similar button. It is important that you check all the information entered and correct any errors before clicking or selecting the "Confirm My Storing" button; once you do so you will have the responsibility of redeeming the Treasure within the given time limit. After storing a Treasure you can retrieve the Certificate of Enjoyment by clicking the 'Redeem' button in your treasure chest in the App. This is your entitlement as a customer insofar as clause 3.2 is observed.
3.2 Redeeming Treasures: It is important that you turn up punctually within the specified redemption time found on the Certificate of Enjoyment, which is typically within 25 minutes from the time of successfully storing the Treasure, or within the last redemption time stipulated by the merchant on the Treasure listing. If you arrive too late, the Outlet may be closed or if you exceed the 25 minute time limit, your Treasure may be forfeited to another person. In the case of ‘steal' Treasures, there will be no time limit and the Treasures will be redeemed on a first-come-first-serve, fastest customer first basis, while stocks last.
When you have arrived at the Outlet, you may pick up your food and proceed to the counter for payment. Upon presenting your Certificate of Enjoyment (found in the “treasure chest” of the App) to the Outlet's employee, the employee will then provide you with a QR code for scanning to complete the redemption process. The Outlet's employee has the right to reject your redemption if the Certificate is not presented, the Certificate is not the correct Certificate, the Certificate does not tally with the items to be paid for at the counter, or the QR code is not authenticated successfully.
3.3 No-show: If you do not redeem your Treasure at the Outlet or redeem it within the time limit, treatsure is entitled to forfeit your Treasure and repost it on the platform for another user to store, without any liability to you. Your Certificate of Enjoyment will lapse and disappear from your treasure chest right at the expiry time if you do not complete the redemption process successfully, including clicking the ‘redeem’ button, or scanning the Outlet QR code. In the scenario where you do not show up or been showing up unreasonably beyond the time limit for three times, treatsure reserves the right to suspend your account. The Outlet will have discretion on handling late customer redemptions on a case-by-case basis but it shall not be expected or obliged to release the Treasure to the customer.
3.4 Only the user who has stored the Treasure may be able to redeem it at the Outlet with the user’s Certificate of Enjoyment in his/her treasure chest. Each Certificate of Enjoyment can only be presented once by the user and must be scanned for redemption, upon which it will be removed from the treasure chest if authentication is successful.
4.1 Our App/Website contains a large number of Treasures and prices, and there is a possibility that any of these may be inaccurate or erroneous. If the correct price is higher than the price stated on the App/Website, we will try our best to contact or inform you before the relevant Redemption is to be made, to notify you of the updated price. In such an event, neither we nor the relevant Outlet is obliged to provide you the Treasure you stored at the incorrect lower price or to compensate you for the difference in pricing.
- customer & it care
5.1 treatsure will try its best to assist you where possible if you encounter any technical problems relating to the App with your Redemption. You may contact treatsure via email shown on the App/Website.
5.2 In the event that you are dissatisfied with the quality of any Treasure or the service provided by an Outlet, you may consider providing feedback to the Merchant Outlets to reflect your experience. treatsure has no control over the Outlets and the quality of the Treasures or services that they provide, and we are not able to provide, and have no responsibility or liability for providing, any compensation to you on behalf of any Outlet.
5.3 If you have any feedback or suggestions on the user experience or functionalities of the App, you may do so through the App feedback screen in the “About treatsure” tab on the side drawer.
5.4 We shall endeavour to ensure the App/Website is functional twenty-four (24) hours a day, but we do not undertake any obligation to do so, and we will not be liable to you if the App/Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the App/Website may be suspended temporarily at any time and without notice.
- intellectual property
6.1 You are permitted to use the App/Website and print and download extracts from the App/Website for your own personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
- You must not misuse the App/Website (including hacking or “scraping”) or use it in a manner not in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations and ethical practices
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the App/Website and in material published on it (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all rights are reserved. For the purposes of these Terms, any use of extracts from the App/Website other than in accordance with this clause 6.1 is prohibited.
- You must not modify the digital or paper copies of any materials that you print in accordance with clause 6.1 and you must not use any pictures, photographs or any other graphics, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text.
- You must ensure that our status as the author of the material on the App/Website is always acknowledged and referenced.
- You are not allowed to use any of the materials on the App/Website or the App/Website itself for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us to do so.
6.2 Except as stated in clause 6.1, the App/Website may not be used, and no part of the App/Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without our prior written permission.
6.3 Any intellectual property rights relating to the App/Website but are not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
- links to and from other websites
7.1 Links to third party websites on the App/Website are provided for your convenience and/or customer experience. If you access these links, you leave the App/Website. We do not control any of these third party websites (and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability). We do not endorse or make any representation about these websites, their content, or the results from using such websites or content. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the App/Website, it will be entirely at your own risk.
7.2 Linking permission: You may link to the Website´s homepage (www.treatsure.co) provided that:
- you do not damage or take advantage of our reputation;
- you ensure it is legally acceptable to do so
- you do not establish a link from a website that is not owned by you, or in a way that suggests a form of association with or endorsement by us where none exists;
- We reserve the right to withdraw consent to your link at any time and for any reason.
8.1 While we try to ensure that information on the App/Website is correct, we do not promise it is always accurate or complete. We may make changes to the material on the App/Website, or to the Service, Treasures and prices described, at any time without notice. The material on the App/Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update that material.
8.2 Allergy, dietary and other product information: The Merchant Stores are responsible for providing and posting such information and ensuring that it is factually accurate and up-to-date, and we do not undertake any such responsibility. If you are in doubt or are unclear about any allergy warnings, food or beverage contents of any Treasure or any other product information, you should enquire with the Outlet directly before storing the Treasure.
8.3 The legal contract for the sale and purchase of Treasures is between you and the Outlet that you redeem your Treasure at, made at the time of payment at the Outlet. As we are a service and platform provider for third party Merchants and not an agent of these Merchants, we have no control over the Treasures, products, services, actions or omissions of any Merchants or Outlets. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and accept the following by using our App:
- We do not give any undertaking that the Treasures offered by any Outlet through the App/Website will be of satisfactory quality or suitable for your purpose and we disclaim any such warranties.
- Neither we nor the Outlet can guarantee that Treasures stored will always be available for redemption, having consideration to the unlikely but possible event of a stockout due to very high walk-in demand. However, in such a rare scenario, we will make our best efforts to notify you as soon as we are aware that the Treasure(s) is/are no longer available for redemption. The Outlet may exercise discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- The foregoing disclaimers do not affect your statutory rights against any Outlet.
8.4 We provide you with access to the App/Website and Service on the basis that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions, undertakings and other terms in relation to the App/Website and Service (including any representations, warranties, conditions, undertakings and other terms which might otherwise apply to the App/Website or Service, or be otherwise implied or incorporated into these Terms, by statute, common law or otherwise ).
8.5 We reserve the right at any time to adjust, refine, add or remove any feature or element of the sites, including, but not limited to, hours of availability, equipment needed for access or use, or the availability of the sites (or any part thereof) on any particular platform, device or communications service. We are not obliged to provide you with notice of any such changes, and are under no obligation to provide you with any support, updates, amendments, upgrades, bug fixes, and/or enhancements of the sites.
8.6 Data transmission is not always completely secure. While we take steps required by law to protect your information and use various mechanisms to safeguard your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App/Website. Any relevant data transmission is at your own risk.
9.1 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights.
9.2 Subject to clause 9.1, we will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the Service or the App/Website (including the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Service or the Website) for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill; or
- any indirect or consequential loss.
10.1 Grounds for termination: We may terminate or suspend (at our absolute discretion) your right to use the App/Website and the Service immediately by notifying you in writing (including by email or other durable media) if we believe in our sole discretion that:
- you have repeatedly not been showing up or been showing up unreasonably beyond the time limit to redeem your stored Treasures in breach of clause 3.3 (No-show);
- you have used the App/Website in breach of clause 6.1 (Intellectual Property);
- you have breached clause 7.2 (Links to and from other websites); or
- you have breached any other material terms of these Terms
10.2 Upon termination or suspension you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the App/Website.
- force majeure
11.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
11.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport or impediments to access any Store situated within malls, buildings or locations not owned by Merchants;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
- any relevant government actions, legislation, regulations, orders or restrictions
11.3 Our performance under these Terms is deemed to be suspended for the period that any Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to find a solution by which our obligations under these Terms may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- other boilerplates
12.1 Severability: If any of these Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12.2 Entire agreement: These Terms, and any document expressly referred to in them, constitute the whole agreement between you and us and supersede and replace all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of any contract.
12.3 No waiver: Any failure or delay by you or us in enforcing (in whole or in part) any provision of these Terms will not be interpreted as a waiver of your or our rights or remedies.
12.4 Assignment: You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations to any third party under these Terms without our prior written consent. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these Terms without your prior written consent to any of our affiliates or any business that we enter into a joint venture with, purchase or are sold to.
12.5 Headings: The headings in these Terms are included for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- governing law and jurisdiction
13.1 These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
13.2 We shall subject all disputes or claims arising in connection with these Terms to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. Such disputes or claims can first be referred for mediation at the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC).